Thread: good luck
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 05:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
supermario
Banana brain

Zone: 10A
Name: Mario
BananaBucks : 59,764
Said "Thanks" 251 Times
Was Thanked 348 Times in 139 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 4 Times
Default Re: good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong View Post
That's pretty fat for common banana. If it grows any bigger/taller could be a Saba? Has any fruited yet?

(How're the fruits of your mango, or is that your neighbor's?)
The banana plant has not fruited yet, but I'm hoping it does after hurricane season is over.

The mango tree in the background is my 'Carrie' mango tree. Most of my friends and family agree it is the best mango they have tried. It also stays under 20 ft tall!

I love the flavor of the Carrie, but my favorite is 'Nam Doc Mai(NDM)'. The problem with NDM is that the fruit tends to split on the tree during periods of heavy rain...which is mango season down here.

In total I have 4 different varieties. Carrie, Glenn, Malika, and Nam Doc Mai. All have excellent flavor and little to no fiber.

I haven't posted many pics in my gallery, but plan on posting pics of all my trees soon. I have a celeste fig, monroe avocado, 2 jaboticabas(small leaf), lisa atemoya, hamlin orange, persian lime, dwarf cavendish and mystery banana plants ordered from bad online vendors ,.. also piper nigrum vine(black pepper), Alano and Hasya Sapodilla(a.k.a. nispero or zapote), Kohala longan, and a yellow cacao tree.
supermario is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To supermario
Said thanks: