View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #91 (permalink)
Tx_Crinum

Zone: 8 McKinney Tx
BananaBucks : 21,110
Said "Thanks" 1 Times
Was Thanked 18 Times in 8 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 8 Times
Default Re: Oil and Water.(Conventional vs. Organic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoese View Post
TX, I have never to my knowledge disagreed that "conventional" growing methods are required to feed the worlds population. I simply don't condone it in my garden. There is just no reason for the addition of chemical ferts or pesticides in a garden that flourishes using organic growing methods. As a byproduct I give less of my hard earned money to multinational corporations like Monsanto and more to local farmers who grow the food I like eat and produce the compost my plants like. The organic free range chickens I buy from a local farmer are the best I've ever tasted and produce organic chicken manure. Win win. I also avoid GMO's by buying organic.

Btw, take at easy with all that bold text, Richard may become skeptical of your writings.
We agree to disagree in a manner of speaking. I believe I have found the only person in the world who recognizes that practicing organic cultural methods is infeasible to meet the national and international demands for nutrition. That is intellectually refreshing. There is a universe of difference between practicing organic production methods and espousing it is the only way we should be doing it and practicing it and realizing it is not a feasible commercial production method. It is reassuring to know there is at least one smart person with common sense.

Yeah, I did get carried away on my bold text. Do you think three words is excessive?

Have a good day but did I really mean it. I have to get back to writing my lesson plans for my little miscreants that will be showing up on Monday.

LOL

Oh and Bob,

Unless you have been following and reading all 80 posts, which I know is probably very difficult to see and do from your perch on that flagpole, it is understandable how you can be so ignorant as to my comments.
Tx_Crinum is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Tx_Crinum
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors