View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 12:13 PM   #90 (permalink)
Bob
Orang Puteh

Zone: 6a
Name: bob
BananaBucks : 205,030
Said "Thanks" 9,537 Times
Was Thanked 4,058 Times in 1,694 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 565 Times
Default Re: Oil and Water.(Conventional vs. Organic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx_Crinum View Post
And this brings me back full circle to my first post on this thread:
My problem is not about using or not using organic/inorganic production methods and pesticides. MY PROBLEM is with the clueless hypocrites who have found religion through organics and have no idea they should be thanking technology in agriculture on a daily basis for every modern convenience they use on a daily basis. What if Einstein, Ford and the Wright brothers had to spend every day working their own garden just to survive on a daily basis rather than have time to create their inventions. Well we would be using oil lamps, the whales would be extinct*, and we would be riding horses.

* If you think whales are an endangered today, do some research on the kerosene lamp. Prior to the advent of kerosene and kerosene lamp, the fuel of choice was whale oil. The change over from an organic source of oil to a 'synthetic' source exponentially reduced the systematic killing of these creatures.
This is too funny. You protest too much and your agendas laid bare. I thought we were just discussing gardening methods? Now your frustration has lead to insults since you obviously have nothing left. It really has no place in this forum. Please stop insulting your fellow banana enthusiasts. I guess you have a problem with gardeners like myself and that obviously "clueless hypocrite" momoese. Not one of you has mentioned how synthetic chemical ferilizers and weed killers is able to improve the long term health,fertility and tilth of the soil. You can't None of the organic method practicioners has said we don't enjoy modern conveniences and surely we all do. Now we're whale killers? (Is that the best you can do or was it fired in misguided anger off the cuff?) Nor have I read about any one of the organic practioners bringing Einstein in to the..........ahem ...........gardening discussion. Why would you conjure up Ford and the Wright Brothers in a gardening forum? I feel truly sorry for you that you feel compelled to spend your day creating insults and pulling obscure unrelated facts to add to your supposed credibility, while I'm here enjoying the responses of those that feel compelled(for whatever reason?) to guide and chastise the "uninformed".
"Found Religion through organics?...........did you really go there?

I'm not going to dignify this behavior here any longer in what has previously been and remains to be a place for banana growers to compare notes and help each other out despite our personal differences for the love of the hobby we should celebrate sharing. It doesn't sound at all as if you have been encouraged to do that.
As of now maybe I'd like to swap notes in a separate forum for the like minded so we can all go back to getting along. There will be no more response from me here.

Your's truly , that silly whale killing , and clueless hypocrite
Bob