View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
browndrake

Zone: 7
Name: browndrake
BananaBucks : 40,182
Said "Thanks" 195 Times
Was Thanked 160 Times in 72 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 140 Times
Default Re: Cold hardy banana in GA

Perhaps I went a wee bit overboard, but I sent an email to the seller:

Quote:
What cultivar of bananas are you selling? I love cold hardy musas. However, there are many problems with your post that are either based on ignorance or fraud. As far as I know,( and every expert with whom I have spoken) there is no edible banana that is cold hardy to -20. Furthermore, no edible banana requires a pollinator.

IF your plants are cold hardy to -20 and have edible bananas, I can sell everyone of them for MUCH MORE than you are asking here. If they are not, then what you are asking is a very high price.

You are in Perry, Georgia, USDA zone 8..which never(or rarely) drops into single digits..let alone -20.. Upon what do you base your description?

If your description is accurate, then I can assure you that I can find sales for EVERY banana you can grow, if not...please do us all a favor and change the description.
and here is the response:
Quote:
People like you is what is wrong with this world! If you were a happy individual, you wouldnt be sending e-mails like this to anyone. I grow plants for a living. Get a life! You have way to much time on your hands!!!
I think that this is the translation:
People like you (people with integrity) are what is wrong with this world!... ... ... I grow plants for a living. (and lie about them and sell them to unsuspecting people.) Get a life...(let me swindle people in peace)..
words that are attributed to Edmund Burke come to mind:
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

aaron

Last edited by browndrake : 08-04-2009 at 04:21 PM. Reason: edit spelling
browndrake is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To browndrake
Said thanks: