View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 09:20 AM   #35 (permalink)
Jack Daw
I think with my banana ;)

Zone: Dfa (Köppen-geiger) <-> 7b/8a? (USDA)
Name: Jack
BananaBucks : 209,125
Said "Thanks" 2,771 Times
Was Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,355 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 383 Times
Default Re: This is my Calif Gold 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencelest View Post
Brent:
Thanks a lot.
Jack:
I think CG is small enough to grow in a large pot so you can take it inside your house during the winter. With plenty of glass of course for sunshine. The average height is around 5 feet and the leaves might reach to 4 feet in height or less. But your problem might be space.
As for me I am thinking to cut all the leaves and wrap them with something like cloth or styro foam and leave them on the ground next winter . Not with my CG and dwarf Brazilian but with my other bananas.
If you knew how plant sadistic I am, you would be surprised. When I get hold of some CG, I will make sure that I will have "safe pups" that I will put in for winter, but other plants (especially, when the mats will be larger) will be tested year by year.
The only problem here might be humidity and precipitaiton. I haven't seen a banana, that would be able to resist rain, frost, snow, meltdown, frost, meltdown, rain... and that's what our winters look like.

Zeitgeist - Corporatocracy 101 (~2hrs)

Zeitgeist - Moving Forward (~2.5hrs)
Jack Daw is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Jack Daw
Said thanks:
Sponsors