View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
fergus banana

Zone: 5-6
Name: Jon
BananaBucks : 44,616
Said "Thanks" 12 Times
Was Thanked 51 Times in 26 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Indoor bananas 600W HPS, hydroponic media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worm_Farmer View Post
Nutramist Ultrasonic Foggers For Hydroponics, Horticulture, Propagation, Foliar Feeding, Greenhouse And Grow Room Humidification And Pesticide Application

You can use the nutramist as a fogger, there is a way to hook it up to a humidistat and it will turn on and off as needed. I was thinking that Nurtamist for humid would be cool, because in FL the air is already humid, I could feed the nurtamist with a water / kelp mix and the plants would be all boost all the time.

I was thinking watts of light, not hours. On young plants I like to run 24/7 for 30days then switch to 18/6 till I think they are nice and big and have good roots, when switch to 12/12. Once they start growing fast move them outside. Your running a 600watt, would 600watt to be much for one plant? Would 1,200 watt be the limit for banana? I am running two 8 4' T5 fluorescent. I was told that each 4x4' fixture is equal to about 450watt HPS.
I think you could use 600W for one plant, but you could probably go lower to like a 400W. I dont know about the limit on wattage - 1200 should be more than enough, but probably overkill for one plant.

I stick to HPS cause I get great growth and I know lots of other people who use HPS. 600W has the best lumen to watt ratio and its inexpensive to run.

I will be growing these bananas entirely indoors. i dont know how well thats gonna work out, but i have no where else to put them.

Nutramist is pretty kewl. you can check out other hydroponic suppliers cause there are different kinds of aeroponic setups. I like Grow Lights, Advanced Nutrients, Hydroponic Supplies and more at Hydroempire
they got good prices and a good selection.
fergus banana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To fergus banana