View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 09:14 PM   #55 (permalink)
The Hollyberry Lady

BananaBucks : 1,297,635
Said "Thanks" 12,042 Times
Was Thanked 11,326 Times in 5,311 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 102 Times
Default Re: Growing 'Musa Basjoo' in London, Ontario, Canada...

Thank you, Alexizhere!

This is my very first banana plant ever, and I am so proud of it. It was sent to me through the mail, by someone from another forum, also in Canada. I am so grateful to her.

I am also in the process of germinating some of Tog's banana seeds as well, but nothing has come up just yet. He told me to be patient because they take awhile, so I am trying to be. I will show a pic as soon as I get a sprout.

Someone else sent me 4 year old musa velutina seeds, also from this forum, but they've been in soil for over a month and a half, and still nothing! Tog had told me to soak them in water for 5 days because they were so old, but I don't think anything will ever come of them. I am glad I have lots of fresh seeds to work with, in the meantime.

I am going to get me a really red banana plant next - one that has green on it, but mostly red. I may even order it, who knows? I am absolutely in love with this one I saw before and have been obsessed with it ever since! I want to get some practice with growing banana plants before I get the one I really long for.

I am so surprised by the beauty of Musa Basjoo though. It really is an attractive plant. The red rib was a total shocker, and unexpected. I am very much enjoying watching it grow. I am going to water it tomorrow morning - first time in a week.

The Hollyberry Lady is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To The Hollyberry Lady