View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
fergus banana

Zone: 5-6
Name: Jon
BananaBucks : 44,422
Said "Thanks" 12 Times
Was Thanked 51 Times in 26 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Hydopronic Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt18e View Post
I appreciate the feedback I'm getting from all of you and will definately try these techniques.

I was starting strictly with the nutes that came with my system, flora bloom, flora micro and flora gro and wasnt getting the results I guess I expected. They have all reacted really well with maxigro so far. I read an article by Martin Waterman in the growing edge magazine and it was his opinion that 9-3-19 is ideal for hydro bananas and ph right around 6.5 hence I started using maxigro since it was closest to that ratio and my basjoo is looking alot healthier now and the ventricosums our growing almost 2X faster than the potted ones. I've only been doing this since April and the big thing I have learned so far is that it is alot of trial and error and I definately want to try different techniques.
thats interesting to hear. i have my bananas growing in a rockwool, hydroton and coco coir medium. i was using GH micro, flora bloom and gro as well. i was pHing the nutrients to 5.6. I will try ur suggestions.

Thanks.
fergus banana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To fergus banana