View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 04:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
browndrake

Zone: 7
Name: browndrake
BananaBucks : 40,123
Said "Thanks" 195 Times
Was Thanked 160 Times in 72 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 140 Times
Default Re: re potting....need help

here is an update on my nanas.

it is 8 days since I have potted them. All have put out a new leaf and most are working on another. They look a bit tatterd and torn....mostly from their battle wounds with the usps, but I think that they are fairing well.

The dc that I rescued got a lot of trimming, as all the new leaves where having difficulties. It seems to be doing much better now and its' newest leaf seems to be emerging fine.

I was a bit worried about my California Gold pup. It didn't show any new signs of life, but after about a week or so it stopped showing signs of drying out. Jeff told me to not water it after the initial watering for 10 days to 2 weeks. (or when it showed new signs of life) (He reinforced this after I watered it at 4 days.) 13 days of 95F+ days, after that last water it didn't look any worse for ware. i watered it deep that evening and in the morning there was 1" of new leaf protruding from the top. That was yesterday. Today it has a good 2-2 1/2 inches and it keeps on going.

I am pretty excited about all of them, but am really glad the ca gold pup is looking good now. (I guess it doesn't really belong in this section..it is in the ground not a pot)

aaron