View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 10:32 AM   #102 (permalink)
bigdog

Zone: 8b
Name: Frank
BananaBucks : 730,789
Said "Thanks" 212 Times
Was Thanked 1,787 Times in 502 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 131 Times
Send a message via AIM to bigdog Send a message via MSN to bigdog
Default Re: Post ONLY if getting "Siam Red" from Agri-Starts

Terry, while I see your point, remember that Brian is the one with the plants, and it should be his decision to include or exclude anybody. What difference does it make if somebody joined just for this offer? Can you blame them? If it brings more folks to this forum to share their knowledge, experience, and wisdom, then I'm all for it!
Besides, I think that the more people that have this plant, the better for everyone else growing it. When there is an opportuntity to make a rare plant become widely available, I think everyone wins. That is, except for the folks who were going to try to make a fortune off of it on eBay (and I'm not talking about Brian, I'm talking about people who sold this plant on eBay before it is becoming available from tissue culture. I'm also NOT condemning those same people for selling them on eBay! In fact, I'm a firm believer in working the market, and getting the most that you can from a product! It is called capitalism and entrepreneurship!). A plant as striking and beautiful as this one should be in every banana enthusiast's yard!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To bigdog