View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 04:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jack Daw
I think with my banana ;)

Zone: Dfa (Köppen-geiger) <-> 7b/8a? (USDA)
Name: Jack
BananaBucks : 208,651
Said "Thanks" 2,771 Times
Was Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,355 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 383 Times
Default Re: Ae Ae from thailand

[quote=YAKUZA;83145]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Daw View Post
Well, YAKUZA:
- Don't look for Saba, if I can advice you! The fruit is edible, yet better used for cooking, but the plant is damn damn damn damn tall and has the most robust stature I've ever seen. You won't be able to move it for winter, it's jsut tooooooo massive.

- Let's hope not, my dispositions for growing an Ae Ae are very limited and I wouldn't wanna such plant to suffer in my conditions, even though it's degenarated already
I was thinking more about other variegated spiecies, some hardier, like Nam Wa's (which are called Nam Wa Pearl, but they reportedly die to many good growers) or other interesting plant that I could put in for the winter.
Ae Aes are beautiful, but there so many other wonderful plants much more suitable to growing in our conditions. Maybe the only one here, who could grow the Ae Ae with some problems is Kalabrian...

Also, this is precisely that kind of a plant, that I want to see a person behind, so I would not buy it any cost, good or bad.
Nanas have to have their history, don't you think? A tie to someone you might always see in the plant. [/QUOTE ] jack i hope when i found a saba it grows hudge but i think in my climate its not going so big. I alsow think my monkey finger is not growing above 3 m this year. But i hope im rong. The season runs 2 early november.
Monkey Fingers will not run to 3m, but I think that 2 meters are reallistic. Saba is huge in any condition. Basjoos are at least thin in Pstem, Saba isn't.

Zeitgeist - Corporatocracy 101 (~2hrs)

Zeitgeist - Moving Forward (~2.5hrs)
Jack Daw is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Jack Daw