View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Hollyberry Lady

BananaBucks : 1,298,650
Said "Thanks" 12,042 Times
Was Thanked 11,326 Times in 5,311 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 102 Times
Default Growing 'Musa Basjoo' in London, Ontario, Canada...

Hello Banana friends:

This is my very first banana plant ever. This MUSA BASJOO pup was given to me by a kind gardener from another forum. It came from British Columbia, Canada. I have recently put it in the middle of my brand new lily garden. Figured it would offer some shade to the lilies, as they get none whatsoever.

I buried the pup in some rich compost with a bit of blood and bonemeal worked into the soil, to give it a great start. It seems to be doing terrific so far. This shot was taken about 5 days ago now, but want to show it from really tiny to really huge. I will post more peeks and continue to update my progress in this thread, as the season wears on, and as the plant grows.

This banana plant is in a south site where it will get all day sunshine and evening too! I bet it will be one huge tree. I am sooooo enjoying this experience, even though my little plant is just tiny yet...

More pictures will be forthcoming soon...

The Hollyberry Lady is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To The Hollyberry Lady
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors