View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 11:44 AM   #52 (permalink)
Jack Daw
I think with my banana ;)

Zone: Dfa (Köppen-geiger) <-> 7b/8a? (USDA)
Name: Jack
BananaBucks : 208,654
Said "Thanks" 2,771 Times
Was Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,355 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 383 Times
Default Re: Bananas in our gardens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalmatiansoap View Post
It is good that we have different cultivares. Im interested in Basjoos for now and I ll let them (maybe not all ) overwinter out. I know 3 in my area that survived so in fact one is blooming righ now.
The first has a red stem, which seems very good to the eye and the second one is hardier than the Japanese version, because it comes from Sachalin, Russian island some hundred kilometers from the Japan to the North.
I am now researching a method that I heard about lately, it concerns speed propagation of bananas, but it requires time for the first batch, than it's fast. I have to choose the best cultivars first, so i might try this with Pahari Kela this winter and others later on. I find it very unlikely, that one of my eight Grand Nains won't have any pups this year, so there it goes, if interested. I will probably have to make one or two for YAKUZA as well. Jupiii, I really like experimenting. I wonder, if TCing can be skipped in such a small scale.

Zeitgeist - Corporatocracy 101 (~2hrs)

Zeitgeist - Moving Forward (~2.5hrs)
Jack Daw is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Jack Daw