View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 07:14 AM   #46 (permalink)
Jack Daw
I think with my banana ;)

Zone: Dfa (Köppen-geiger) <-> 7b/8a? (USDA)
Name: Jack
BananaBucks : 209,142
Said "Thanks" 2,771 Times
Was Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,355 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 383 Times
Default Re: Bananas in our gardens

Hi there my friends. It's been some time since I posted any quality picture, so here are some. Do sit back and enjoy.

Picture 1: DC and the damage one 3 minute long rain can do.

Picture 2: SDC 1 leaf profile (bought as Musa Picolo)

Picture 3: My vegie garden part. It's not that big, but surprisingly can feed the whole family. The next year paprikas (peppers), beans, watermelons... everything will grow there in harmony with the nanas. Plants are described in the picture.

Picture 4: Ensete ventricosum 'Maurelli', one for fun and one for TCing.

Picture 5: Francesco's new most favourite bananas after Ice Cream. Potted, watered, adapting. Day temps from 26 to 33°C.

Picture 6: Names of the plants are in the pictures, zou can see a total of 10 Grand Nains there, 2 Maurellis, my pride, a gift from Marcel - Dwarf Brazilian and Ananas comosus.

Picture 7: Grand Nain detail.

Picture 8: Dwarf Brazilian detail.

Picture 9: Dwarf Brazilian leaf detail.

Picture 10: Musa basjoo 'Rubra' in the left, Musa basjoo 'Сахали́н' or for those of you who can't speak Russian, Musa basjo 'Sakhalin' in the right

Picture 11: Musa basjoo 'Rubra' bad detail on p-stem, but the color's there.

Picture 12: Musa basjoo 'Сахали́н' detail.

Picture 13: Musa 'Dajiao' leaf detail, it's supposed to be an ABB hybrid, unknown cultivar, anyone kow something about it? PM, thanks.

Picture 14: Musa 'Dajiao' Pair.

Picture 15: Raja Prui after a very nasty, 3 minute long rain. It's leaves are full of holes and tears, but it will live nicely. It's grown nicely so far.

Picture 16: Pahari Kela progress.

Picture 17: Pahari Kela progress detail (no, it's not rotting, just the sun damaged it into this shape). Isn't it amazingly fast for a banana?

Picture 18: SDC labelled in the shop as Musa Miska

Picture 19: SDC 2 leaf detail.

Picture 20: SDC leaf and leaf and leaf after a leaf...

Picture 21: SDC 3 (labelled Musa tropicana) leaf detail.

Picture 22: From left to right: Citrus sinensis 'Tarocco Tapi', Musa 'Dwarf Cavendish', Citrus paradisi 'Bezsemjanij' (Sochi grepfruit)

Picture 23: Mini cocos nucifera.

Picture 24: Mini cocos nucifera detail.

Picture 25: Larger nucifera.

Picture 26: Nucifera view from top. I will donate these to a warm climate one day, when they are over 3,6 meters and I won't be able to store them anywhere.

Hop you liked it and I'm already looking forward to your pix.

Zeitgeist - Corporatocracy 101 (~2hrs)

Zeitgeist - Moving Forward (~2.5hrs)

Last edited by Jack Daw : 06-16-2009 at 07:21 AM.
Jack Daw is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Jack Daw
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors