View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
buckeye5755

Zone: 6
Name: David
BananaBucks : 32,260
Said "Thanks" 40 Times
Was Thanked 71 Times in 39 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 17 Times
Joy Growing Banana's Indoor and Outdoor

Hello,

New to growing Banana's, actually just ordered them yesterday, waiting on them to arrive. I am going to plant them in containers (2 Dwarf Cevendish and 1 Gran Nain). I live in Zone 6 (Central Ohio), so they must come in for the winter.

My Primary goal is to get them to bear fruit. I am looking into indoor lighting options. I am planning on using our garage (Insulated and Heated) during the colder months, as we do not receive much sunlight during the Winter, and have lots of shade on our house.

I don't want to "break the bank" so to say on lighting, but obviously if I want them to Fruit I may. I was looking at some different Flourescent Light Bulbs. If I hang 10 of these from a close distance over the plants, will they continue to grow throughout the winter if the Temp is 70-85, with regular misting? Or do you recommend something else?

The specs of each light are:
2200 Lumens
40 Watts
90 CRI
Full Spectrum
buckeye5755 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To buckeye5755
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors