View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 02:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
harveyc
Been nuts, gone bananas

Zone: 9b
Name: Harvey
BananaBucks : 263,213
Said "Thanks" 6,024 Times
Was Thanked 4,453 Times in 1,894 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,785 Times
Default Re: Logee Ladyfinger leaves turning black

Ronald, I've been thinking of the quarantine idea for a while but the plant was in close quarters with several other banana plants in my greenhouse and none of them show these symptoms.

Jarred, it's not rootbound. I addressed that in my original post (fourth sentence), but you probably missed that due to sleep deprivation! lol Some roots had come to the pot edges but plenty of soil fell from the roots when I pulled it up.

Pete, I brought it inside so I could take some close-up shots, see below. I don't see any rings like you're experiencing.

Dar, you might be onto something there. I don't think the water usually runs from the pot when I water it but it usually doesn't from other potted plants either. I could have given it more fertilizer in hopes it would be flowering soon. I might just pot it in new soil tomorrow with more perlite so that it drains easier.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Harvey

Now for more photos. Please remember if you click on the photo once it will take you to my gallery. If you click on the photo again after getting into the gallery, you'll see a larger version of the particular photo.