Thread: Europe Trade
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 04:10 PM   #49 (permalink)
Jack Daw
I think with my banana ;)

Zone: Dfa (Köppen-geiger) <-> 7b/8a? (USDA)
Name: Jack
BananaBucks : 209,163
Said "Thanks" 2,771 Times
Was Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,355 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 383 Times
Default Re: Europe Trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalmatiansoap View Post
Something like that. I do mostly swiching gear, cable connections, poles, trafo exchanges.... And best thing in my work is FIELD work. No offices , every day in another place.
I hope that you aren't one of the bosses in the field. Here in Slovakia (and possibly everywhere else), to demonstrate to the underlings, the boss must touch high voltage trafo to prove, that it's been disabled. There are cases, when it wasn't and we all know what happened then...

I once got 700V in a practical lesson, my tutors fault, he lost his license, he told me to touch it as a punishment for defying his authority. I didn't know where I was, once they switched it off. Few miliseconds caused me a week of headache and minor burns on the cuticles (soft finger tissue).
Considering, that I play accordion, that was terrible. For 3 months I couldn't touch my instrument, any touch with it's material was painful.

Uf, never again.
But from that moment, I have respect to tutors. And their electricity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAKUZA View Post
hmmm its about jobs hehe, ok
Im a truck technician.
Scania. i must say mutch truckdrivers passing true are slovakian,polska, oukrain,...
i wish they all speak so good english like you Jack.
Its easyer 2 help them.
i have a 24/24 duty every 3 weeks.
I help them like i woud be helpt in a other country.
Actually, Slovaks who work as truck drivers are something terrible. They are literally pirates on the wheels back in our speedways.
Sometimes, they take over another truck even 10 minutes, they don't mind other people and their horns...

24/24 is pretty tough, but at least your job is now, in the crisis time, always needed.
I just remember this funny story, that there were some Italians in the city and they had an engine problem. And since they couldn't speak English well (and most Slovaks do not speak English well either), only a little German, my brother repaired their car in the street...
You should have seen their faces, a guy out of nowhere just repaired their car, said goodbye and went away. They wanted to give him money, but he refused.
And he said precisely, what you wrote:
"I helped you just as I believe you would help me, if I had problems in your country..."

YAKUZA, these are exceptions in English: Slovak, Polish, Turkish, Chinese, French
But other nations are according to the rule: Ukrainian, Italian, Croatian, Belgian, Indian, Romanian, Russian, ...

Zeitgeist - Corporatocracy 101 (~2hrs)

Zeitgeist - Moving Forward (~2.5hrs)
Jack Daw is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Jack Daw