View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
just j
TANTALIZING TROPICALS

Zone: 4-5
BananaBucks : 63,166
Said "Thanks" 252 Times
Was Thanked 129 Times in 91 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 71 Times
Send a message via MSN to just j
Default Re: banana comparison

ihad mine burn but that was because i put it out in full sun after being in the house all winter and i left home for awhile and when i returned i had a silver banana but the plant never died most of the leaves grew out already but it still has a few silver ones the sun burn doesnt really hurt anything it just makes them not look that good but if it was young it might burn them up i had ensete vent. in a window seedlings about 5 inches high and had them burn up pretty bad most didnt bounce back i plan on helping that wiki out very soon i live in upper wisconsin and have been testing about 10 types for cold hardyness even the kru i have noticed that the kru is a little more cold hardy than what i have read ever where also the tia black (if someone has a different opion on this i would love to hear about it) from my experiance this plant loves partial shade and not full sun it starts to roll the leaves up at about 75degrees the leaves dont burn and they unrole when the sun starts to get past its high part of the day i have these in all different sizes and they all do the same when placed in a shadyer spot like under a tree that lots of lite can get thru they seem to grow faster they just want a little sun block i think i have been keeping a journal on what i have noticed about the 46 types i own now when i get some time i will help out on that wiki and post pictures of younger plants up to adults the only thing i cant post may pics of the blooms since i have such a short growing season i dont get to many and i have to cut most down to store them in my house over winter i think we should start a thread this fall on whitch bananas u can over winter out of pot "the big dog methode" and witch you cant i have killed hundereds this way trying this over the years and i wish some where there was a list on which are good to do this with and which are not it would of saved me lots of money lol but hey i know now and can let others know
just j is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To just j