View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 09:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
musaboru

Zone: 9b
Name: Dar
BananaBucks : 88,519
Said "Thanks" 328 Times
Was Thanked 262 Times in 105 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1 Times
Default Namwah or Rajapuri here?

This is supposed to be Namwah, the regular variety. It has produced fruit when the pseudostem was at 7 foot, but more often at around 10 foot ps, but also can fruit even higher as seen in the picture.

I am beginning to doubt that it is Namwah and believe it is more like Rajapuri. I read that Rajapuri has wine coloring on the pseudostem, mine has some rosy coloring on it also. Well, the other details are pretty ambiguous for me, I cant tell the fruit from Rajapuri photos or this supposed Namwah apart, they both retain the flower part thingy on the fruit and have that little knob too. This Namwah also has fruit that has that grayish powdery stuff on it like in the pictures.

What do you guys think?

Yep, flowering already in April here in So Cal.
musaboru is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To musaboru
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors