Thread: Expensive Hobby
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
Lagniappe

BananaBucks : 245,165
Said "Thanks" 1,378 Times
Was Thanked 1,402 Times in 558 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 535 Times
Default Re: Expensive Hobby

I try not to think about this.....darn it all, Howard!
Last year I bought four 1,000 watt halides ,two new bulbs, timer, glazing, a Plumeria from Thailand that was just callin' me, Electrical wire, a 4k watt heater, box fan, pumps, hydro nutrient, 10 gallons of molasses, several hundred pounds of castings, several pounds of worms, pruning equipment, several giant bags of perlite, coleus plants, more seeds than I could ever use, fig cuttings, potted figs, several citrus trees, yards of compost, enough electricity to validate the purchase of a solar system , Pineapple guava, pomegranates, arborvitae, ............................
On the other hand, like Chris, we brought in trailer loads of shredded leaves for mulch, tons of coffee grounds from the coffee houses, and various poops from horse and cattle people, so fertilizing is mostly free save for the molasses and castings for tea.
This all has to be cheaper than therapy in all it's forms....bars....gambling....actual therapy.... spa....

#8.7 billion ......you consider cutting out cable,video memberships, club dues, and landline phone (hardly ever used nowadays) to get more gardening junk.
Lagniappe is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Lagniappe
Said thanks: