Thread: Message from me
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 01:13 AM   #18 (permalink)
eaperez

BananaBucks : 7,064
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Message from me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chironex View Post
Hi Eden! I am particularly glad that you joined us here. As an amateur tissue culturer I am happy to be able to learn more about new studies and sharing of techniques.
I have been experiencing several challenges in embryo rescue, finding a good medium to promote growth. I would also like to find out a technique for some of the Ensete varieties such as ventricosum Maurelii and perrieri. Apparently there has been little success with traditional M&S medium with Ensete. I may also have access to E. v. 'Montebeliardii' which is far more rare than 'Maurelii'. I have read some research on a newer medium, but wondered about any experience that you may have.
Welcome to Bananas.org!
Aloha! thanks to your message. i have not done any embryo rescue on bananas. and i would like to direct your inquiries to Gabe15 (also a member and one of my lab assistants) whom i know has been doing a lot of embryo rescues in our lab for his own research. i only do micropropagation of bananas right now and i assume embryo rescue should not be difficult unless the seeds are not viable. are you excising the embryos from the seed? are those seeds mature or immature? by the way, are you doing research? i have been doing tissue culture for more than 30 years on a lot of different crops. i am willing to give you some advice on your next mail. thanks,
eden
eaperez is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To eaperez