View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 11:24 AM   #49 (permalink)
Tog Tan
Ensete nut

Name: Tog
BananaBucks : 431,310
Said "Thanks" 1,011 Times
Was Thanked 2,723 Times in 787 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 204 Times
Joy Re: Weird Food - Care to share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Tog, I actually consider the stock to be the best part of the deer. Coincidentally I'm having French onion soup tonight made with venison stock.
I'm lucky here to have every ethnic food known in America within 10-15 mile of me. I have some Fish sauce from Viet Nam. I think it's nuoc nam(?) but not sure. tastes like liquid anchovies. I haven't used it in a recipe yet though. Just as part of a dipping sauce.
Mitchell, you never ate the worm in the tequila?
Is the stock from the bones? Makes me want to have your soup now.
Bob, it's a very popular thing to have snakes, preferably venomous ones in Chinese herbal wine. Seems to have 1,000 good uses.( not RedBull but BigBullSht) The snake in it is a novelty really, this is according to a friend who does snake blood/gall bladder. It's the good herbs which makes it of value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoese View Post
This thread is making me queasy. I love raw fish, raw beef, menudo, tounge, many fermented items like fish sauce and kimchi,.......but dog, cat, live monkey brain, grubs of any sort, eye balls, insects no thanks
Hey Mitchel, please don't be offended by some of the descriptions here as we just want to share the insights of what we eat in the different places.
just to let you know there are only a few dickhds who go for monkey brain thingy. Most of the Chinese are against it.

____
Tog Tan has sadly suddenly passed away 6/16/09. We will miss you Tog Tan.
Tog Tan is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Tog Tan