View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Moonshiner

Zone: 6-7
Name: Mike
BananaBucks : 25,303
Said "Thanks" 39 Times
Was Thanked 79 Times in 37 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 26 Times
Default And so it begins

Hello peoples! I received the Dwarf Cavendish gift today, and my experiment with bananas has begun. It's potted up in the 20" pot, with soil and fertilizer regimen recommended by Richard. Lot's of room in there to grow! Is going to receive at least 5-6 hours of direct sunlight through the fall, and here in SoCal will remain in the pot over the winter. I have it sitting on top of, but not in some pea gravel in the drip tray, so that I know when the water is running out the bottom.

Witness:

Not a banana, but I love to show off my 70 year old jade, who will be keeping a watchful eye on the new recruit:

Wish me luck!

Last edited by Moonshiner : 03-26-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Moonshiner is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Moonshiner
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors