Thread: Sony Camera
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tog Tan
Ensete nut

Name: Tog
BananaBucks : 430,484
Said "Thanks" 1,011 Times
Was Thanked 2,723 Times in 787 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 204 Times
Joy Re: Sony Camera

Hi Austin,
The Sony you found sounds good enough. I came into the digital scene late as I was still hanging onto my monologue stills and waited for the tech go better.

If you want a simple documentation camera, what you are talking about is good enough at 10.1mp. Since I go out to the field often, I opted for something which can I can afford to lose if it get smashed or dropped into a stream. Currently I am using (after killing half a doz) some hardly known brand - Jendigital 730C - 7mp and using AA alkaline batteries which are easily available everywhere. I prefer them as I can carry extra batteries into the jungle since I may be gone for days and (often) may not be near any electrical point for recharging. Also I would not have to stinge on my shooting if my power source is low, I just replace the batts there and then.

Though the features are limited, it serves the purpose I use it for as you can see from the pix I have posted. At less than $100 brand new, I can't ask for more. The only thing I miss is my Nikkor 20mm Super Wide angle lens.

____
Tog Tan has sadly suddenly passed away 6/16/09. We will miss you Tog Tan.

Last edited by Tog Tan : 03-19-2009 at 05:17 PM. Reason: text
Tog Tan is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Tog Tan
Said thanks:
Sponsors