View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
angsaidso

BananaBucks : 9,340
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 21 Times in 10 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Hello everyone! A brave new member here ...

Wow! What a warm welcome!! Thank you!

Where do I start??? I already forgot who asked what, but I remember the questions ...

Yes, stupid me .. eBay purchase. Couldn't help it. I have a HORRIBLE addiction!! There are no 1-800 numbers yet for my problem I am afraid. I am considering starting a support group, but last I knew you had to be over your addiction to help others over theirs. Guess I don't qualify and may NEVER qualify!! My Tanee has not arrived yet .. but when it does I will let you all know how much (if any) roots, etc it has.

Mention somewhere down there <>> someone mentioned a koi pond ... I built a "bog" pond!!! I love it ... I grow all my carnivorous plants out there! It is AWESOME!

Long winter mention ... YES!!! HELL YES!!! I am having a nervous breakdown!! I HATE winter and please DO NOT ask me why I still live here! It is like a bad nightmare and I just haven't been awake yet! LOL. I checked my zone according to the chart on this site and it says I live in zone 6!!! Whoo HOO! Somehow I moved up a zone since last year!!! ????? Global Warming??

Big growers ... Michael, I believe ... I started about a billion (okay, not really .. the real number is 700 ... literally) Desert Roses from seed and about 100 plumeria this past fall. All look pretty good so far. But the Ears and Philos are my passion. I have heard all about the variegated banana being hard to pot grow. So ... because I LOVE to hear people say you cannot grow things and then I do, I HAD to get one and try it.

Question ... are all the variegates hard? Are Ae Ae stronger??? Or the Tanee?? Or are they all wussie plants that need to be ignored instead of babied if you want them to live?? LOL! True??? I think most of you will agree ... you can, and sometimes do, love a plant TOO much! I know I have done it and admit it although I hate to be the one to say I killed my plants with kindness in the past! :-(

It is SO great to meet you all!
Peace ~ Ang

"Can you imagine a world without?"
angsaidso is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To angsaidso