View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 05:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Patty in Wisc
tropical nut

Zone: 5
BananaBucks : 337,319
Said "Thanks" 2,946 Times
Was Thanked 2,510 Times in 1,203 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 69 Times
Default Re: 12 1/2ft potted Ice Cream doing great!*****NEW PICS!!!!!!

Wow, thanks gang! So nice that you are happy for me!
Here's my plan to move it. Lay tarp on floor... tip pot over & get most soil off roots (so it's not so heavy). Wrap root ball & drag it out door - being careful of leaves. Roll it into skidster bucket & drive it to spot in yard. Big hole dug with good soil in & around. Put strong straps along bottom of hole & out onto ground. Roll plant off skidster & drop into hole & fill with soil. That won't be so hard but, getting it out in fall will be!! That's why straps under roots. If it flowers late, dig around plant, get skidster bucket under roots & using that & straps, lift it out. Then, wrap rootball & reverse the planting.
Drag in house etc. It will take a case of beer (yeah Bob!) & couple more guys to lift plant & I'll guide it back into pot. Those nanas will be tasting REAL GOOD after all this LOL.
I told the "boys" not to get their hopes up... it might only get 10 nanas. Hey, I showed them pics here of bunches with at least 100 fingers on so I don't want them to be disappointed if this doesn't do same.
I'll take pics of us moving it out. Should be like watching the 3 stooges LOL

____
Patty in Wisc has sadly passed away 9/05/11. We will miss you Patty.
Patty in Wisc is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Patty in Wisc
Said thanks: