View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 01:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
lorax
Banned

Zone: USDA 13 / Köppen-Geiger BSh
Name: Lorax
BananaBucks : 300,698
Said "Thanks" 742 Times
Was Thanked 3,039 Times in 1,188 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 464 Times
Default Re: Germinating in tropical climates?

See, and I never really warmed to Malbec until I moved here. The ice-cubes thing turned me right off it until I realized I could simply treat it like a white - chill before opening and don't let it breathe a whole lot.

I've never been a fan of Pinot Noir - there's this volcanic taste in the recent Chilean ones that puts me off. The Carmenere is over $80 a bottle here, which puts it out of my reach for most meals. I like the Shiraz because I can use about half the bottle over the meat, then drink the rest.

If I were sauteeing the guanta, I'd have to go with the Riesling in the sauce along with aji peppers and achiote, and the final pairing would be a Bolivian Cabernet - I'm not sure that this one makes it to your market, but it's an excellent wine.

Of course, if we're talking about tapir (danta) then the field changes. I am particularly fond of cubes of tenderloin flambeed in peach aguardiente with peanuts. For that, a fuller-bodied red is a must - it's about the only time I'll consider Pinot Noir, and even then I'll go with an Argentine rather than a Chilean bottle.
lorax is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To lorax
Said thanks: