View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 05:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Michael_Andrew

Zone: 6
Name: Michael
BananaBucks : 51,769
Said "Thanks" 247 Times
Was Thanked 373 Times in 181 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 226 Times
Default Re: I grew this from seed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Andrew View Post
Well I have to admit failure on this plant so far even though I've tried to kill him several ways. I germinated an Ensette Ventricosum in less than two weeks. He popped up and looked so good I named him "Spike." He was growing so fast I decided to change his name to "Speedy." That nice big leaf came out and I thought that maybe "Leif" would be a good name. I had a dome over him and I guess the humidity caused a case of the white fuzzies and it looked like "Crash" was most appropiate. I dug him up and dipped his roots in fungicide and potted him up in straight perlite but he kept crashing. So anyhow "Looser" was looking so bad I just hated looking at him and had thought of adding him to the compost pile. He started putting out a little sprial leaf. I thought no way he'd pull though this but "Comeback Kid" added another leaf, small and deformed. "Tiny" put out another bigger leaf and another. Wow, I gave him a little water soluable fertlizer to help him along. "Spots" has nice nitrogen burns on all 4 leaves. Oh well I repotted him up tonight and I hope to rename him soon.

"Killer"
Michael_Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Michael_Andrew
Said thanks:
Sponsors