View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
damaclese
Living in Exile

Zone: 9 Mediterranean climate
Name: Paulo
BananaBucks : 282,610
Said "Thanks" 1,352 Times
Was Thanked 1,620 Times in 706 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 101 Times
Default Re: Banana of the winter 2009?

hey 51st State sorry to hear its been a tough winter for you it looks like its a world wide problem this year with one exception and thats been the desert south west of the US which incidentally happens to be were i live we have had pretty mild temps and for us hardly any wind o only have one Banana out side and that is a 1 year old Ice cream it frosted back to the top of the P-stem and lost all its leafs but didn't rot a bit and is already pushing out a new leaf all be it a bit slowly we are having a some what unexpected cold snap right now but i think its probably the last one but not to bad lows in the 40s next week sunny and 70 every day I'm hoping any way I'm rather excited got all the seeds for the summer growing season in the germinater just waiting to go out side trying some new and fun stuff for this year going to try my hand at one of the gigantic Atlantic pumpkin that will make for some cool pictures don't you think I'm Jealous of your EvM both Scot and i want one really badly LOL o Well i already have 30+ varieties best to not get Greedy LOL o i forgot i lost 2 Ensete Ventricosum to rot but that was my fault they were inside and i over watered them they also got mites which i am afraid to say i didn't notes for quite some times its like a jungle in my plant rooms and i didn't see them building that Green house is priority number one for this year!

damaclese is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To damaclese
Said thanks: