View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 08:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
momoese
Banana grower

Zone: zone 10
BananaBucks : 8,749
Said "Thanks" 3,746 Times
Was Thanked 10,883 Times in 3,309 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 728 Times
Default Re: AGRISTARTS BANANA TRAYS - Splitting trays

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy0225 View Post
You might have just gotten lucky to buy them without a license, because the first time I tried to order they asked me for my nursery dealers license number. And the second time they asked me for it again. Of course, I had it both times so it didn't matter.
This will probably not make me any friends on this forum, but I think they SHOULD only sell wholesale to dealers, or if they sell to the general public, it should be for a much higher price. It's hard enough to make any money without homeowners and hobbyists buying them wholesale too. And I'm sorry if that makes anyone here mad. I would split liners with other greenhouse business owners, though.
Sandy @ Northern Tropics
Sandy, I understand your view on this subject, and I also understand that many people these days make a living selling stuff on ebay and other online stores and auction sites. Not just Banana plants, but all kind of stuff that a consumer back in the day would have to buy from a retailer renting or leasing space. This in itself presents companies like Agristarts an option for selling more product even if the people they sell to don't have a re-sale license.
momoese is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To momoese