View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
JenRi

Name: Jen
BananaBucks : 14,209
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Question Musa Zebrina 'Blood banana' germination conditions

Hello everyone!

I have no banana-growing experience whatsoever but i really fancy having a go at growing some. The species I am most interested in is the blood banana but I beleive they won't germinate unless in a propagator...which I don't have being a poor student. Does anyone know of a reliable-ish way to recreate the conditions seeds would get in a propagator? I was thinking I could use the airing cupboard but I don't know if musa seeds need light to germinate?

I also have no idea if the blood banana is the best species to start with, feel free to give me any suggestions on other species that are easier to grow if necessary

Thanks

Jen

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors