Thread: Happy New Year!
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 03:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lagniappe

BananaBucks : 245,169
Said "Thanks" 1,378 Times
Was Thanked 1,402 Times in 558 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 535 Times
Default Re: Happy New Year!

Happy new year!!!
I gotta take a few minutes to tell you guys about how much I appreciate the last year and how much I'm looking forward to 2009!
This has been one crazy,wonderful year for me at the org. I'm amazed by all of our different experiences and the way that we learn from each other.
For instance, I never imagined aquaponics until I saw Coockiecow's set-up....now I'm working on a commercial application with basil and salad greens. I never knew that Gran Nain would produce two bunches until one of Jarred's did and I researched it. I've never seen a community offer up their homes to those in need like I saw during the hurricanes this year. Never saw a community to be so concerned when one of their own was down such as with our Sam (any word from her?).
The list could go on for many pages!
Scot's pushing the TC workshop( I have an area put together for this,all the materials I need, and would probably have neglected it for a while more if it weren't for reading the post's and chat's with Scot and Gabe).
The birth of the orgs own magazine (soo exited).
Richards information on ferts.
Harveys chestnuts.
Visiting with RMPLMNZ in Tampa
seeing all of your amazing pics.
witnessing the birth of several new forums.
seeing others projects come together...Nates
beds,Bennie's patio....
Seeing Millermack's site and really considering okra in my beds.
Making crazy,nice trades.
selling some corms for my "soil-fund".
Learning about plants that I never knew existed.
Getting awesome recipes .
I tell you, I could list things all night,this has been a busy year with many memorable events ( and I would type for a while more but I can't keep my eyes open after the NYE festivities).
I'm just so glad to know all of you, so blessed to be able to count on your input and knowledge,and so thrilled to have been your friend last year. I know that 2009 will be even better !
God bless you all and keep you safe.
Lagniappe is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Lagniappe
Said thanks: