View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Basjoofriend

Zone: 10
Name: 01
BananaBucks : 186,343
Said "Thanks" 138 Times
Was Thanked 266 Times in 123 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1 Times
Default Musa basjoo seed for my banana crossing program in Brazil

Hi all,

I tried to find sources of Musa basjoo in Brazil, but without success. I also asked the Genoplasm Bank of Embrapa in Bahia/Brazil by email. They told that they don't have Musa basjoo in the genoplasm bank in Brazil. The prohibition of importing bananas from 17th May 2005 by the Brazilian gouvernment is my biggest problem!

But I sent banana seeds to Frutas Raras successfully, the first seeds are already germinated!!! The Musa balbisiana is the first of my bananas which are born in Brazil. Helton will me give the banana seeds back for my yard in Lucianópolis.

Some years ago I grew Musa basjoo even from seed!! Musa basjoo can be grown from seed! Anyone did harvest ripen seeds of Musa basjoo? If yes, please one PN to me. I need seeds of Musa basjoo and will send them to Helton, he will germinate them for me and will save my hardy fruit banana breeding program in Brazil! Musa basjoo is the importantest banana species for my program.

But also anyone in South America like lorax e. g. could send pups from Musa basjoo to Brazil to Lucianópolis to the parents of my guest daugther. Dear South American banana friends, please try to get pups of Musa basjoo in any botanical garden and write me a PN and I will give the address of the mother of my guest daughter to send the pups!

Thanks! Gracias! Obrigado!

Basjoofriend
Basjoofriend is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Basjoofriend
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors