Re: Miracle fruit?s
I have one that's been in the ground for about 5 years here in south florida. It's a scrubby looking plant maybe 3.5/4 ft tall. It seems to fruit sporadically and the fruits are mostly tasteless. IMHO, I don't think the plant is much to look at, not attractive at all. If you eat the fruit do so at least 2 hrs before you eat a meal. It blocks the taste receptors for sour so anything that is balanced in flavor (beer, marinades, etc) will taste overpoweringly sweet. Beer is disgustingly sweet if you have had a miracle fruit. On the other hand, grapefruits, oranges, chocolate, lemons are all fun to eat after having some miracle fruit.