View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 02:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
harveyc
Been nuts, gone bananas

Zone: 9b
Name: Harvey
BananaBucks : 261,038
Said "Thanks" 6,024 Times
Was Thanked 4,453 Times in 1,894 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,785 Times
Default Re: Pomegranate variety collection at Wolfskill

Richard, it was great that you were able to make it up to NorCal and mix a variety of things into your trip. I'm sorry my schedule was so hectic and didn't have time for a visit other than a bit at Wolfskill. A week later and I would have been much more able to show you around, etc.

Did you have any personal favorites. I was pleased that you had found Al-sirin-nar to be of good taste (despite big hard seeds) as it is one of my favorites also. It was originally going to be in my test plot but Jeff had to substitute another cultivar since he had inadequate materail for Al-sirin-nar.

As I think I may have mentioned, I started a pomegranate discussion group last year and Joe and I have both posted some tasting scores there. You're welcome to join the group if you'd like, but you can browse the comments without being a member. The recent tasting results begin at Yahoo! Groups. It's not a very active group but the moderator is nice.

Also, the Golden Gate CRFG chapter has a blog and a couple of photos there at CRFG Golden Gate.

Harvey