View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 09:47 PM   #36 (permalink)
mikevan

Zone: 8
Name: Mike V.
BananaBucks : 15,485
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Time to put the bananas to sleep for the Winter

Heh - I can't help but point to this thread everytime winterizing nanners comes up on the various groups I'm on. I hope it remains in the archives for quite some time. Put me down for that book too - autographed, por favor. Make it a field book with a ring binder too so we can take it out to the trees for comparison and whatnot.

Be well,
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
I just wanted to thank everybody for the response that I've received to this thread. I have had requests from people to post this thread on their own websites, others have shared this thread with their plant clubs, some have PM'ed me thanking me for posting the information...the list goes on and on. I receive about an email or PM every couple of weeks about this thread still, and it was made last November. I want to state that most of what I've learned about storing bananas and growing them in my zone, has been learned from others. Much of it has been adapted to my own needs in zone 7, my small crawl space, etc. It is still an ongoing process, and I learn more every year from growing bananas. It is probably the single-most rewarding plant that I've ever grown! To be able to harvest fresh bananas grown in my own backyard for the past several years has been nothing short of awesome, every time it happens, no matter how small the bunch size (and they are SMALL this year!).

So I was looking at the number of views of this thread, and it was 2,521 at the time of this post. Wow ! I'm glad that people have been able to learn from it, and maybe one day I should write a book about my experiences. What do you think?
mikevan is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To mikevan