View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 11:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
bepah
Freelance Botanoeconomist

Zone: 9b
Name: bepah
BananaBucks : 51,133
Said "Thanks" 25 Times
Was Thanked 220 Times in 122 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 406 Times
Default Re: Hardy Foxtail Palm?

My guess is that your light is sunburnbing the leaves. Immature palms do no require, as a rule, direct light but filtered light.

It looks to me that you are burning the palm up.....the picture makes it hard to tell.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpatrikis View Post
hello everyone.
i just got a foxtail palm tree about a week and a half ago and have it growing indoors under a light in a pot. i have it in a special cactus/ palm tree potting soil by miracle grow made to keep moisture for these type of plants. i also have some mulch on top to help insulate. just the other day two of the leaves have started to turn brown at the tips so i decided to clip the end to prevent it from spreading. it seems to just have curled the leaves and hasn't done prevented the brown from spreading at all. those two browning leaves are the only two leaves on one of two shoots and was wondering what the problem could be.
i water it enough and spray it a few times a day with a water mist bottle to try and give it a proper humidity.
below is a picture of the Palm. it is the two leaves to the left.
please try and tell me what the problem is and what i can do to prevent this from happening in the future!