View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
vaindioux

Zone: 7a-b
Name: Pat
BananaBucks : 77,820
Said "Thanks" 5 Times
Was Thanked 58 Times in 27 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Difference between "Grand nain" & "rajapuri"? Pics inside

Hi

Lots of questions below so fasten your seat belt, please answer one or all.

1)Can anyone tell me how to differentiate these 2 bananas. I always hear to wait until bananas flower to ID them but my "Musa grand nain" & "Musa rajapuri" flowers seem very similar to me.

2)Also it's getting colder and these 2 will go back in the basement again soon, what shall I do with the trunks that had bananas, won't they die? Shall I cut the trunks as low to the corm as possible for winter storage (The corm gets stored, the trunk is discarded.)?

3)what shall I do with the non matured bananas when November comes ? Shall I cut the stalk and place it in a bucket of water, will that bring them to maturity?

I am in Atlanta and those are my first flowering bananas, I am thrilled.

Musa Grand nain

Musa Grand nain 2

Musa Rajapuri

Musa Rajapuri 2

Thanks a lot

Patrick
vaindioux is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To vaindioux
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors