Thread: Veinte Cohol
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 12:49 AM   #68 (permalink)
chong

Zone: 8-9
Name: Chong
BananaBucks : 96,733
Said "Thanks" 1,309 Times
Was Thanked 1,701 Times in 758 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 991 Times
Default Re: Veinte Cohol

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyc View Post
Has anyone received a Veinte Cohol plant from Going-Bananas lately? I ordered one a while back and was something like 38 on the list and was just wondering if it will get shipped this year. I'd prefer next spring at this point.
If you're #38(actually you're #37), you're probably going to get your wish of getting it next year. I didn't want to broadcast my position, but a week and a half ago, I just got an e-mail from them stating that I needed to send them an extra amount because I did not send them enough money because the VC was not included in their special pricing. They said that that had been the price from the beginning of the year. I definitely remember placing my order in mid February, a couple of weeks after Benceleste, and the price at the time was $20, and there was no *(asterisk) next to its price on the list. That's why I sent them the check for the amount to cover the order. Ant they never wrote back to me about a shortage, until just recently.

Anyway that's not what I'm lamenting about. It's the fact that they said that I was #13 on the waiting list, based on my ordering following Benny, who ordered it in January. And yet there was this member here, Musamania, from Las Cruces, NM, got his 2! VCs in the last week of July, but according to him "he ordered his plants WAY BACK IN APRIL". I asked about this and they told me that that was because Benceleste had ordered his back in January. I replied back and told them that I wasn't referring to Benny, I was refering to the member from Las Cruces, that ordered in April and got his 2 VCs in late July.

That's when they emailed back and said that I needed to send more money because of the reason stated above. And that I just need to wait until they get to my number.

If Chironix, who is #30 on the list, gets his, I'd sure be very happy for him, but I'd really get pissed for their selective prioritizing.

I cannot even understand how I can be #13 when I ordered only 2 weeks after Benny(he ordered in January, and was #3). Then at the time they told me that they were sending #8 and #9 (in late July), a week later Musamania posted here that he just got his 2 VCs just the week before.

You'd think that by sending a firm order, stipulating how many, with full payment would get higher priority over just emailing or calling for a reservation. I guess it's the Post Office's fault for delivering my order after April.

I get better treatment from Ty Ty Nursery than this, as you can see. (And the person at TTN that I talked to to inquire about my order was very pleasant. And no, I am not asking anyone to buy from them. And no, I do not work for TTN - I have a contract with The Boeing Company's Facilities Dept. in Renton, WA)

Now, if only TTN has VC . . . . .

Last edited by chong : 09-18-2008 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Inserted a date.
chong is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To chong