View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 08:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
bigdog

Zone: 8b
Name: Frank
BananaBucks : 732,606
Said "Thanks" 212 Times
Was Thanked 1,787 Times in 502 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 131 Times
Send a message via AIM to bigdog Send a message via MSN to bigdog
Default Re: universal healthcare

The last thing we need is the government trying to run another program. Gosh, they do so well with everything else! Higher taxes, longer waits to see doctors (if you don't die first), etc. Sounds like a great idea, where do I sign up?

We need reform, and Scot touched on part of it. You can sue your doctor, health insurance company, your neighbor, the bus driver...and there is really no limit on the amount. It makes some doctors scared to even touch you, or your case. This is one huge reason why our premiums keep going up! Yes, hold people liable for their mistakes, but put a reasonable cap on it. You shouldn't be able to sue for 100 million dollars and win. That's just ridiculous and greedy.

A lot of people like to sit around the house all day, while waiting for their welfare checks, and complain incessantly about things. Most of these people need to get off of their lazy butts, get a job, and join the rest of society. Don't tell me that they can't, because they can, they just won't. Yes, I know some people truly can't...

Just my 2 cents.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To bigdog