View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 07:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
BabyBlue11371

Zone: 6-7
Name: Gina
BananaBucks : 20,085
Said "Thanks" 181 Times
Was Thanked 137 Times in 58 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 40 Times
Default Re: Will Cali Gold pup Survive?

Benny,
I thought I had a real nice angle when I separated the pups.. I would have waited to separate till the smaller one was bigger But I knew I was running out of time before momma was going to need to be dug up.. But I don't know that the wait would have netted me any roots.. I thought it is a bit strange that the roots for the "sibling" pup were growing up..
This is the first separation in ground I've ever done.. I've cheated before and divided out pups with roots as I repotted a momma.. it is super easy to make the right angle cut and not cut when there are no roots for the pup when there is no dirt in the way.....
I hope momma stays as healthy planted in a pot this winter as she did last winter... Maybe fruit next year!!?? gonna be TOO tall to move in and out after this.. will be scraping the ceiling if it grows more than a foot and half over winter as it is..
I hope that since it's already been a half a month since I made the cut and it doesn't look any worse for it... and the nice callous will prevent rot there.. It WILL live!!! Sounds good any way!!!!
Nothing lost for trying to save it any way..

Gina *BabyBlue*
BabyBlue11371 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To BabyBlue11371