View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 01:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
Chironex
The causasian Asian!

Zone: I have no idea
Name: Scot
BananaBucks : 118,343
Said "Thanks" 4,544 Times
Was Thanked 1,406 Times in 808 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 609 Times
Send a message via MSN to Chironex Send a message via Yahoo to Chironex
Default Re: Finally, another flag...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy4ut View Post
Sounds about right, BigDog. The pot is a 14" pot and the pstem with the bloom is right at 3' to the bloom. Oddly enough, I have only fertlized this one once this late spring with a time release fert with minors and a little muriate of potash... I think the biggest factor besides the soil is the amount of water that I give my plants. I water often, but the soil, even in my beds is very fast draining... Hey, I am still learning, especially with potted plants...
It sounds like I am doing everything correctly then, using good, fast-draining soil about 60/40 mixed with Amend and N'Rich plus some gypsum, regular fertilizer (Banana Fuel from Wellspring 15-5-30) and regular watering via drip system. Might just be the high heat and low humidity here. Although we do have a sprinkler system in the yard that raises the micro environment humidity quite a bit at night. I am fairly confident that I'll see at least one blossom before winter. Everything is growing and putting out new leaf growth every week.

Click for Jakarta, Indonesia Forecast
Chironex is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Chironex