View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 11:47 AM   #40 (permalink)
jellyfish_sky

Zone: 4-5a
Name: Celine
BananaBucks : 7,052
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Musella Lasiocarpa Seeds

Okaaay I might have an update. I think I have a sprout lol The thing is, I gave up on it a few months ago, because I left it to dry out twice for more than 3 weeks (the soil was like a solid cake...). I stopped the heating after a while.

I took the soil, re-wet it and used it to root Mulberry. I put it on the mat again, constant temps. My mulberry rooting failed, but I noticed a sprout. Then I killed it because I thought it was some kind of weed....... I realized hours later that it might have been a musella! I heard the sprout snap so I thought it was gone. But miraculously a few days later, it came back up (or maybe another seed sprouted).

Now I am not very sure it is indeed a musella sprout. Could be a random seed... But it kind looks like one. I will wait a bit until it grows more leaves... I am really surprised that they still sprouted. So if you have left out the soil to dry up for months (not once, but twice or thrice!), do keep your seeds!!!

Bananaddiction~!
jellyfish_sky is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To jellyfish_sky
Said thanks: