View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 03:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
mattyb802

Name: matty
BananaBucks : 14,887
Said "Thanks" 2 Times
Was Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Send a message via MSN to mattyb802
Default Re: what are the brown spots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by microfarmer View Post
I don't know if this is the right thread to post in. Maybe Jarred can merge the three threads?

Here goes anyway.

Each fall, as the temps drop and the plants get cool weather and some rain, the leaves get these kind of spots on them. I figure that's my cue to start winterizing them. I try to exclude anymore water from soaking the ground, and start potting up my more sensitive varieties. I mostly have edibles, and some show more spots than others.

Being Basjoo and Sikki are both very cold tolerant, it seems that both should look the same. Did they harden off well before going outside? Maybe bringing them inside will help 'til it warms up a bit.

Then again, I could be all wrong...
Good luck!

That's a lovely Sikki, by the way...
thanks i grew it from seed!!!the basjoo didnt do great when i put out first but sikki wasnt bothered about goin outside!weve had a very cool summer, temps wel below average!!and it has rained most days maybe its to wet?last summer and this summer are really wet i hope next year it dries up a bit i think global warming is startin to take affect!!!!!thanks for the info!!!o and ive just brought them in!!i hope this helps i really dont want to loose my nana as it is mt first!!!lolthanks again!
mattyb802 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To mattyb802