View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 09:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
jen

Zone: 10
BananaBucks : 65,450
Said "Thanks" 56 Times
Was Thanked 174 Times in 66 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1 Times
Default cutting off flower

Okay my banana flower is no longer making bananas it's now the male flowers...you guys have made me so smart just listen to me talking about male and female flowers. Anyway, there are only flowers now no bananas but the flowers continue to be such a mess on the ground and it's an every morning process to clean up all the flowers that have dropped and kill all the ants that have swarmed on them. I'm ready to be done with the mess! I remember reading after so many rows you can whack that thing off...right? Geez, a week ago it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen and I just sat outside looking at it and now I want to kill it. I'm such a woman! So can I hack the messy thing off yet?

I will post some pictures of it in my gallery.
jen is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To jen
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors