View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 01:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
proletariatcsp

Zone: zone 10
Name: Chris in FL
BananaBucks : 90,034
Said "Thanks" 148 Times
Was Thanked 186 Times in 83 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1 Times
Default Re: Calcium, Fert Question w/Pics

Quote:
Use a systemic insecticide. The plant absorbs it which makes it last longer and works much better for sucking insects. -turtile
Thanks turtile I will look into that.

Quote:
I think that planting herbs around the base of my bananas is helping like Magicgreen does. I'm now starting to notice more benificial bugs coming around. -cookiecows
I have read that companion herbs invite benificials. I have been struggling to get the mint to grow. I have noticed that the pests don't bother with mint. I had catnip near my tomato too. Leaf miners killed the tomato but the catnip is fine.
Thanks for the advise.

Quote:
Great pH. Try not to change it. A palm food would be better than a citrus food, because it is relatively lower in phosphorus (the middle number). -richard
Richard, thank you. I had thought about using palm fert since I would be able to use it one my pineapples too.

I found this fert with, 15%N - 5%P2O5* - 20%K2O - 2%MgO - TE, only I don't think it is sold here in the US. Its called Nitrophoska Perfekt.

What do you think about Peters 15-5-25, or does it contain too much Urea?

Last edited by proletariatcsp : 08-16-2008 at 12:48 AM.
proletariatcsp is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To proletariatcsp
Sponsors