View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 09:49 PM   #70 (permalink)
damaclese
Living in Exile

Zone: 9 Mediterranean climate
Name: Paulo
BananaBucks : 283,203
Said "Thanks" 1,352 Times
Was Thanked 1,620 Times in 706 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 101 Times
Default Re: high temperature banana growing habits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chironex View Post
Yes, I am here and loving it! I found that placing my bananas in nearly full shade next to a pineapple palm tree has worked. It is next to a corner for wind protection too. They get dappled sunlight for a few hours each day. Haven't burned anything that I put there, and they are still putting out new leaves every week despite the heat. I water the walls and the ground around them and think it has become a microclimate.
The other corner has some small trees and a hedge for shade. I have my Aeae there along with Ice Cream and Itinerans. So far so good. I might pick up some shade cloth just to protect the Aeae a little more.
We should plan to get together soon to compare notes, commiserate and have some laughs. Send me a PM and we will get it planned.
We should form a Desert Banana Club. "The Amusing Musas"; "Musing musas"; "Desert desserts" just a few ideas for the name of our group.
Well, off to Home Depot for some larger pots and Fire ant killer - yeah they got me yesterday. Hate 'em.
wow i never have gotin bit but a fire ant but i do avoid them how about the desert rats thats what ever one in Vages calls them selfs any way or Mohavo musas or paying homig to are rich history how about Musa gang diling dirty musa gang lol just kiding its hard to make hordiculture sound tuff and cool lol

damaclese is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To damaclese