View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
jpfloors
Banned

BananaBucks : 103,228
Said "Thanks" 136 Times
Was Thanked 118 Times in 76 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 54 Times
Default Re: Unsure what's going to happen with this flag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong View Post
You have nothing to lose by propping the plant up. Having the flower alone is worth keeping the plant going. Who knows, you might even be rewarded with small edible fruits. As slender as the plant is, it couldn't produce very heavy fruit but it makes it easier to support. Use three 1-1/2" diameter bamboo poles in a tripod fashion under the apex where the stem bends down. This will provide a more stable support than 2 poles. Thus the entire plant is supported, not just the fruit stem.
GREAT IDEA Chong, THANKS! But I'm going to do it out of 1 1/2" PVC. I was at Lowes but was rushed out so I forgott to get more PVC. I'm going combine your idea and add to it, making the tripod, and at the top use 60 degree elbows and connect it together around the top of the p-stem! Hope I can get to it tomorrow. Right now I just have proped up by one 1 1/2" PVC pipe.

Yeah, I know to only expect a small handfull of nanas, if any really come out at all... but I love the flower, so it's gonna stay til the end.
jpfloors is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To jpfloors