View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 07:44 AM   #44 (permalink)
damaclese
Living in Exile

Zone: 9 Mediterranean climate
Name: Paulo
BananaBucks : 282,643
Said "Thanks" 1,352 Times
Was Thanked 1,620 Times in 706 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 101 Times
Default Re: My home tissue culture progress

Gabe,
thank you so much for all the fine information regarding TC. It almost makes me want to try. if i only had the space and time maybe after i get the green house built all start a lab its allot less water intensive then growing out pups at least in the beginning. have you giving any thought to are conversation regarding the contamination sources? perhaps there are people that could be contacted regarding this subject whom mite have come across this in there own Tc labs, or whom mite have discussed this with other Technions? on a slightly different note. I was thinking about how one could Tc Ae Ae. As has been discussed in other threads that it cant be done do to the fact that the variegation is not constant throw the entire meristem. I was thinking about that. As long as you got some of the two different tissues in the sample wouldn't it come true? i would think this would involve knowing exactly were the line of deviation is. and always making sure that when you divide that you get both types of tissues in the Varese samples. dos that make any sense? so in assents one would have to develop a technique for showing the two different tissues in the sample. has any one tried this? Perhaps a dye of some sort that sticks to the two in different intestacy delineating the different types of cells. Or using a microscope to see the varying lines of demarcation when cutting the sample up. Just some thoughts im sure this has been tryed but mabe not you never know!

damaclese is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To damaclese