View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 07:29 PM   #43 (permalink)
microfarmer
Professional Amateur

Zone: CA zone 9b
Name: Senor Excessivo
BananaBucks : 52,790
Said "Thanks" 624 Times
Was Thanked 204 Times in 104 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Guess the Unknown Variety Contest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy0225 View Post
my guess is also an ice cream....and I don't think this is a 3 story house...LOL but if it's ice cream Magic Green is the winner because she picked it first. I just think that's what it is, too! Can I have a banana (fruit)mailed to me if I was right? I don't think mine's ever going to bloom---can a banana grow to be 90 years old and 15 feet tall and never bloom?boo hoo...

Hey Sandy! I also thought it looked like Ice Cream, but the rules said only one guess, so I went with Dw Brazilian.

My Ice Cream is sending up it's flag leaf and if you don't get any fruit by the time it ripens, I'll send you some. You may have to wait a couple years for yours to fruit.

I first got mine in July of '06, and it is only now flagging 2 winters/3 summers later. Problem is, I just cut off the big pup, so my next bunch of fruit will prolly be delayed as I don't have a fully developed daughter plant for next year. I might get lucky, though...

Good luck!
My new hero...
microfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To microfarmer